Saturday, October 22, 2011

fondue cook-in

foundue cover

I just found this old fondue booklet in a box of things I was planning on getting rid of a long time ago, but I think I'll keep it. I actually have a fondue pot now and it's just too charming.  I love the first page with the illustrations by Rebecca Crutchfield and the introduction:


fondue folks



  foundue instructions 

 I especially love this bit: 


foundue excerpt



 It sold for $1.00 in 1968. If you want a copy there seem to be quite a few onAmazon.



fondue inside cover


Some of the recipes: Beef Fondue, Fish Fondue, Swiss Fondue #1 and #2, Gruyere Fondue, Seafood Cheese Fondue and recipes for lots of sauces for the fondues, which I don't quite understand. 

There are lots of tips and suggestions to for your "fondue cook-in" 

This is why I get so little done on the weekends. I start to clean something out and get derailed with scanning and blogging. But, really, how can I not?

1 comment: