Tuesday, May 10, 2011

professional

I love finding old Portland advertising postcards and ephemera. Here are two I got a while ago.

This postcard is advertising Dral Cleaners, which still exists in the same spot in the Sellwood neighborhood. I'll have to go visit sometime.

drapery ad pc

This other postcard ad is awesome. Ralph Vincent looks like quite the professional and serious photographer, don't you think? He looks like so many character actors, in fact he looks a lot like the guy who played the psychiatrist in Miracle on 34th Street.

The three month calender is curious. Was it his busy season? Also, why couldn't he take off his coat? His office in SW Portland is long gone.

Anyway, I like his style.

photo ad pc

Maybe Ralph took the picture for the Dral Cleaners postcard.

1 comment:

  1. These are both so wonderful. I just drove past Dral Cleaners today.

    ReplyDelete