Monday, October 25, 2010

homebody

I spent most of the weekend home. I love being home. I am a total homebody. I mostly worked, cleaning and organizing. Still, it was great, especially with the windows open and the sound and the smell of the rain outside.

My love of being home is one of the reasons I like this 8x10 photograph in my collection so much. I also really love seeing the insides of people's houses in old photographs and the forties are one of my favorite times for designs and textiles. This photograph looks like it was taken in the late 40's or early 50's. Unfortunately there is no writing on the back. Click to see bigger image.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely laid back. I can't tell you how many of those tiered tables I've seen in the houses of grandmothers. My late grandmother included.

    ReplyDelete